Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is slowly growing in popularity, made famous by social media and celebrities all over the world. It is more commonly known as the ‘Vampire Facial’.
In aesthetics, this treatment is used for various applications other than just facial rejuvenation and these treatment options will be covered in this course.
PRP Therapy is using one’s own healing factors from the blood to achieve results.
It is strongly recommended that you complete FDN1.0 Certificate of Applied Skin Sciences prior to attempting this module to help increase your understanding of the topics covered here.
At the end of this course, you should be familiar with the following topics:
- Understanding what PRP is & its individual components
- General principles of effective wound healing
- Aesthetic applications of PRP therapy
- Use of augmentation devices when treating with PRP
- How to obtain and deliver PRP effectively
- Managing complications and side effects of PRP therapy and how to avoid them
- Post-care instructions that should be given to the patient
Course suitable for
- Beauty Therapists
- Anyone interested to learn more about PRP therapy
No pre-requisites needed although in order to deliver this treatment, each individual must meet their country’s own pre-requisites and have practical experience in doing this treatment (please check with the appropriate authority)