Skinboosters are neither neurotoxins (anti-wrinkle) nor dermal fillers. They are a different class of treatment altogether.
Skinboosters are composed of hyaluronic acid which offers long-lasting hydration and improved elasticity to the skin, making it suppler and smoother which you do not get with the other forms of injectables.
They are usually used in combination with other treatments to augment the final outcome for the patient.
It is strongly recommended that you complete FDN1.0 Certificate of Applied Skin Sciences prior to attempting this module to help increase your understanding of the topics covered here.
At the end of this course, you should be familiar with the following topics:
- What Skinbooster injections are composed of and how they work
- Skinbooster treatment areas
- How to administer Skinbooster injections
- Choosing suitable patients to achieve effective results
- Managing side effects and complications and how to avoid them
- Post-care instructions that should be given to the patient
Course suitable for
- Beauty Therapists
- Anyone interested to learn more about skin enhancing (hyaluronic acid-based) treatments
No pre-requisites needed although in order to deliver this treatment, each individual must meet their country’s own pre-requisites and have practical experience in doing this treatment (please check with the appropriate authority)