This essential online course has been designed for everyone, including cosmetic practitioners and beauty therapists as well as those simply looking to understand their skin better to help tailor their own skincare regime.
Written by Australian industry expert doctors, the aim of this course is to cover the core knowledge of skin sciences, how to diagnose simple skin conditions and how to conduct an effective skin consultation, recognising when to refer on to specialists.
In this module, we also explore basic cosmetic dermatology. By knowing this, you can help identify or recommend the appropriate cosmetic treatment for your patient.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion that is issued in your name.
At the end of the course, you should have a basic understanding of the following:
- Anatomy of the skin and face
- Process of skin aging and pigmentation (melanogenesis)
- How to conduct skin consultation and skin analysis
- Skin Classification system & determining skin type
- Common pigmented skin conditions
- Types of acne