Over the recent years, it is safe to say that Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) technology has been described as revolutionary in the field of Aesthetic Medicine.
Using just one machine, the IPL machine, a practitioner is able to address and treat multiple conditions and concerns such as skin rejuvenation, skin pigmentation disorders, hair reduction and vascular skin problems. This is unlike the laser machine where traditionally each type of laser can only target and treat certain conditions, which meant that clinics often had to buy multiple machines if they wanted to cover wider treatable conditions.
This course should allow you to be familiar with the strengths and limitations of IPL technology and how to use it effectively or to make better treatment choices for yourself.
It is strongly recommended that you complete FDN2.0 Certificate of Applied Laser/IPL Sciences and Safety prior to attempting this module to help increase your understanding of the topics covered here.
At the end of this course, you should be familiar with the following topics:
- What is IPL technology
- Understanding the key differences between medical lasers and IPL
- Identifying different uses of IPL for treatment of aesthetic skin conditions and concerns
- Understanding how IPL works for hair reduction and treatment of pigmentary and vascular disorders and its limitations
- To safely identify clients suitable for IPL treatments
Course suitable for
- Beauty Therapists
- Anyone interested to learn more about IPL technology
No pre-requisites needed.